Integrated teams can easily schedule Hale video visits directly in their existing EHR or practice management system, with the visits being synced to Hale without any duplicative entry:
Scheduling a Video Visit
- Open the appointment scheduling screen in athenaNet.
- Select the ‘Hale Video Visit’ appointment type.
- Create an appointment.
That’s it – once the visit has been added to your calendar in athenaNet, it will automatically be synced to Hale. (Note that it can sometimes take a few minutes for the sync to complete, so if you do not immediately see the appointment in Hale you may need to wait up to five minutes.)
If Hale cannot sync the appointment, we’ll send your Team Admins an email to let them know. This usually happens if:
- a video visit is scheduled with a provider that does not have an active Hale account,
- a video visit is scheduled with a patient that is missing information for Hale to create their record,
- your team is not subscribed to a plan that supports video visits.
Rescheduling or Canceling a Video Visit
To reschedule or cancel an appointment, simply do so directly in athenaNet by clicking the ‘Cancel or Reschedule’ option for the appointment. Hale will sync the updates and notify the patient accordingly. Note that you cannot edit or cancel an appointment within 15 minutes of their start time, as the patient has already been reminded that the appointment is starting and may have already checked in.